3.23.2013

I May Be In Denial.

Ok. I'll admit it.

I definitely am in denial about moving M to a toddler bed.

This was her one week ago. She boycotted nap. She teetered on the edge of climbing out. But,she never made it out (probably because I caught her and went in and told her no).

Anyways (2 days ago) on Thursday she boycotted nap AGAIN. I was about to go get her when I heard a loud THUMP. I knew what it was.

I rushed to her room and found her standing and holding her giraffe. She and Giraffe were attempting an escape and were successful!!!!! WHAAAAAAT? When she saw me, she started to cry. I think she was a bit stunned herself. I asked her if she was hurt, and she said no. I'm guessing she was maybe lucky and landed on her feet...but who knows.

Anyways...I consoled her and tried to check her over. She told me while I was holding her, "I got out of my bed. I climb. I cry. My Mama come hold me." Well...I certainly didn't want her to associate climbing out with no more nap and Mama holding her!

And then I lowered her mattress to the floor. Thanks for the awesome tip from my friend, Lindsey! I probably would have never thought of this myself.

She's staying in her crib FOREVER!!!!!!
JK. Sorta.

Ok, seriously, I'm kidding. I just need a little more time to prepare myself a bit more before we begin the transitioning period to a big girl bed. She's been sleeping just fine since I moved her mattress down, and I feel better knowing she won't get hurt climbing out. I also feel better knowing she's in lock-down while in her crib during nap and at night.

I told Josh about the escape, but we're trying not to make a big deal about it in front of her. As far as she knows...nap and sleep time will continue as usual. She did tell me the other day though, "Something different about my bed, Mama." I just responded that it's still her bed, and that Mama had just moved the mattress down so she couldn't climb anymore. I told her I didn't want her to get hurt by climbing because then she'd cry and we'd both be sad. She told me, "Ok. Thank you, Mama. No more climbing."

Look for more posts on transitioning to a big girl bed later this summer. :)
Meanwhile...she better not grow any taller.

No comments:

Post a Comment