3.09.2013

Daylight Savings Is Annoying and Other Ramblings

I started this as a FB update...and quickly realized I was posting too much and figured my non-sense should be recorded somewhere else. Like our blog!

So today M's been in her crib since 2:30pm and JUST NOW fell asleep...at 4pm.

Which is really like 5pm tomorrow thanks to Daylight Savings.
I think the creator of daylight savings did NOT have children!

When she doesn't fall asleep for her nap I sit around the house checking the monitor every 10 minutes and debating what to do...the conversation with myself in my head goes something like this:

Ok. Nap time. What should I watch today. I'm just gonna watch this one show really quick then I'll do something productive. I can't believe I'm still watching Vanderpump Rules.

check monitor Ugh. She's not sleeping yet.

Do I get her up? No. Let's wait 10 minutes. Stassi is such a B. Seriously what's wrong with her?

check monitor Ugh. She's not sleeping yet. 

How much longer should I leave her? 15 minutes.

check monitor Ugh. She's not sleeping yet.

Ugh. Why won't she sleep? I wondered if she pooped? No....she just went #2 before nap. It can't be that.

M yells: "Mama! Mama! Do you hear me? Me no have to go night-night! Mama! Help!

Should I just go in and lay her down? No...no...I want a few more minutes to myself. This show is dumb. Onto something else. Something not dumb...like Project Runway. 10 more minutes.

check monitor Ugh. She's not sleeping yet.

Why won't she sleep. Tomorrow's daylight savings, too. I hate daylight savings. I think we'll skip her nap tomorrow. Wait...spring...spring ahead. Ok. That means that at 8pm tomorrow...it's really like 7pm...so...yeah...so, no nap...so she can go to bed "early" but really kinda on-time. Ok...so, spring ahead. I think I should wake her a bit early in the morning then. Right? Wait. Yeah. That's right. Ok. I'll wait 15 more minutes.

check monitor Ugh. She's not sleeping yet.

Ok...Project Runway. Why am I still watching this. I'd never wear any of their clothes anyways. I think I'm over Project Runway. Nothing else in the DVR though. Boo. I want to watch Shark Tank...better wait for the husband though.

check monitor Ugh. She's not sleeping yet.

Ok...if I get her up now...what will be do. What will I say to her? I don't want her to think her yelling at me gets her out of her nap. Ok. Be strong. 10 more minutes. She needs quite time anyways. She's fine just rolling around.

check monitor Ugh. She's not sleeping yet.

M: Kicking the wall and counting her kicks "1, 2, 3,..."

Well...at least she's counting. Wow...she got to 20. Impressive. I didn't know she could do that. What time is it now? 3:30pm. 3:30...no...no...I can't get her up. I need her to stay in there at least until 4 pm.

It's awfully quiet. What time is it? 4pm.

check monitor She's ASLEEP!!!! YES!!!!!!!

She's sleeping. Of course she's sleeping now! At 4 pm. Ugh. I think I'll wake her in an hour...maybe not. I don't know....

Yep. I bet I just scared a few people here with this post. 
Sorry. 
That's what my crazy mind does when my child won't fall asleep for nap.

Oh, and for the record...about 75% of the time I'm actually doing something productive during nap. The other 25% is definitely me lazing around watching shows and eating food that I don't want to share with my 2 1/2 year old.


And a picture...just because she's cute.
Even when she's exhausting me. I love her to pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment