I didn't take a ton of pictures and most are kinda blurry since they are from my phone...so sorry! But, I still wanted to document this special trip of ours.
We arrived Thursday later afternoon, and after checking into our hotel (we stayed in downtown Minneapolis), we headed to our ol' stomping ground, University Avenue, on campus at the U!
We took Madison to Annie's for dinner!
We showed her where Mommy and Daddy first lived together after getting married. She asked where her room was...and we told her it was before her, so then she was pretty dis-interested. LOL!
She LOVED the big bed at the hotel. And, Daddy spoiled her with movies every night before bed time!
Friday we spent most of the morning and afternoon at the Minnesota Zoo. Only Daddy would allow her a sucker at 10am.
She saw her first IMAX film. She loved it and kept her glasses on the whole time!
Her favorite part of the Zoo was the aquariums.
That evening we went to the Mall of America. She got 2 new pair of shoes (thanks to Daddy again). They were all so sparkly and lit up...but she loved them, so I gave in.
Saturday we went back to the Mall of America. She choose a horse at Build-A-Bear and named him Doh-Doh.
She was so exhausted by this point (no naps and later bedtimes), that she fell asleep before lunch and slept right through lunch. The nice part was that Josh and I got to enjoy a quiet lunch together at Bubba Gumps at the mall.
That night after dinner we took her to Cossetta in St. Paul for dessert.
We had dinner both Saturday and Sunday at Pei Wei (we went to different ones...lol). I wish we had it here in IA! At the time it really hit the spot for me and my pregnancy cravings...and even blogging about it right now makes me miss it! LOL! I know there are a lot of things to do in the Twin Cities...but we really went there with no plans and it was nice to just go with the flow for the whole weekend and do what we wanted to do on our own schedule.
It was so nice to get away and to just enjoy our little family of three. Of course the whole time there Josh and I couldn't help but talk about what vacations will be like after we add three more children to the mix. OY! Hard to even imagine, really!
I'm so thankful we were able to make this trip happen for our family!










No comments:
Post a Comment