I'm almost 18 weeks. I realized this week that I'm halfway to my goal of carrying them for 34 weeks! Wohoo! (And...that's also scary that I'm half way there already!!! Seriously.)
I'm definitely carrying these babies so much higher than with Madison. But...again...that's expected (and, really...why I am even trying to compare this pregnancy to Madison! LOL!)
No real cravings recently...except for Mexican food (and fountain Coke). I also told Josh I really needed eat a steak at some point this weekend. :) I'm also still enjoying orange juice with ice.
My belly button has been sticking out for a couple weeks now...but Madison thinks it's hilarious. Me...not so much.
I *think* I've felt some minor fluttering movement from the babies...but I'm not 100% sure it's from the babies.
I go back next week for my 18 week appointment. I'm not scheduled for an ultrasound - so you all have to wait for another 2 weeks to hear the genders! Sorry!!! We just want to be 100% sure before we share!
Ok...feel free to stop reading...the rest of the entry is me kinda venting about things not in my control anyways. :)
**********************************
This has been a semi-stressful week for me. I'm feeling pretty good overall. But, the official worrying about, oh, EVERYTHING has really begun.
To start with, I learned that there was a confirmed case of Fifths Disease in Madison's class last week. This is really no big deal for most children and adults because it's kind of like a viral cold that is followed by a harmless rash...BUT, it is one virus that CAN be passed from a pregnant mother to her babies. Madison came down with a fever on Tuesday. So...I called my OB immediately on Wednesday. M's fever was over by Thursday morning (no rash...yet) and now she just has a slight tiny cough. Now, it's very likely I had this virus as a child and am already immune (best case scenario), but, to be safe, I had to have my blood drawn for testing. The test can tell me if I'm already immune or if I have Fifths Disease or if I don't. Then, I have to go back in a month for ANOTHER blood test no matter what the results just to be sure. Ugh. I haven't heard back from the lab yet...so I have to wait all weekend and was told I might not hear back until Tuesday. Oh well. Either way...there is really nothing I can do about it. So, I'm just crossing my fingers I'm already immune. (And trying not to worry all weekend!)
I'm also spending too much time on Google (and probably should be spending more time blogging - haha!) and getting worried that I'm not eating enough, not drinking enough water, not resting enough... And of course I'm worried about the possibility and severity of bed-rest I may have to endure and how that will effect Madison. Of course I'm also worried about what it will mean to have to care for preemie babies...etc. etc. etc. Whew. I know it's normal to have some anxieties...and I also know so much is out of my control...so I really am trying my best to relax. It has nothing to do with not feeling support from family and friends...just my own thoughts and fears as a Mother.
I miss my Mom. A lot. I mean, I always miss my Mom of course, but when I'm going through these big life events there's always a tiny bit of emptiness in my heart. I know it will always be there. It's just more noticeable during certain chapters of my life.
I'm also not 100% satisfied with the current OB doctors I'm with. It's a long story. But sooner rather than later Josh and I need to make a decision to switch OBs and/or find a specialist in IA City. I go for my Level 2 Ultrasound Oct. 1 at 20 weeks and we will talk more with the doctors there once we know the results of the ultrasound (another thing I'm already worrying about). *sigh*
Ok. Whine fest 2013 is over (for now). I got it all out and now I need to get over it. I need to...I will think positive and just enjoy my beautiful family, wonderful friends, and the life I'm living.
I'm gonna post this (sorry if there's typos) and work on some more blog posts! *gasp* I am also going to try to get back to my Foto Friday posts starting next week! Wohoo!


There were cases of Fifths when I was pregnant with Sophia. I ended up being immune even though my mom and dad didn't remember me having it at all. I can only imagine all your stress right now. Take it easy and love that little girl up as much as you can. Your lives are going to change drastically in the next few months. She will be a great big sister!
ReplyDelete