On Days 2 and 3 she screamed and cried a lot when I left. :( She'd be fine walking in together and putting her back pack away. And then...the big crocodile tears would flow. It was heart breaking. I would just quickly say good bye, give a hug, and tell her I'd be back later, and leave. I had to leave quickly because I couldn't stand to see her like that. I'd worry the whole 3 hours how she was doing and if she was still upset. She was happy both of the days when I picked her up.
After that, she did much better with drop off. She would even tell me she wasn't going to cry as we were walking in. She had a small crying episode last Friday...but Josh dropped her off with me and he had just returned from working out of town so I think she was sad to see him go. As I said...we are still adjusting.
Here's her first Pre-School project sent home! A mouse. She talked most about using the glue stick and his blue nose.
She has been doing great otherwise. She hasn't had any potty accidents. She is always happy when I pick her up and screams, "Mama! Mama! Mama!" as soon as she spots me.
They have 'reading buddies' - third graders that come and read with them occasionally. She loves this she tells me. They get to go to the library at the school on Fridays. She also has Spanish on Fridays. She has school pictures today...I can't wait to see the outcome of that!
Last week the teacher's stuck these two pictures of her in her folder for me. Her teacher tells me she's a very happy girl that loves books and loves to learn. :)

I'm so happy with our decision to enroll her at Rivermont!

No comments:
Post a Comment