This took place about 9 months ago. We decided to be brave and venture out with all 4 of our kiddos to an indoor play area at South Park. I am pretty good at avoiding all eye-contact and giving short (but sweet) answers to stranger's questions/comments. Josh usually is, too - but at a place like this, if you get stuck by someone, it can be harder to get away. I was glad I got to chase the littles around.
Here we are all headed to the mall.
Now, I realize that triplets are a rare sight, and I know that comments and looks will happen. I do dress mine alike (and in public, it's actually easier to keep an eye on them this way) so that brings more attention. The majority of the time, I am okay with it, and try and answer most questions as gracefully as I can. However, many of the questions we get are often very personal and sometimes even hurtful. So, if I seem guarded or unfriendly in public, it's because I'm also just wanting to go about my business like everyone else, or I'm worried about what some stranger is going to say about my children or me.
LOVE Target carts for 3. C and C had their feet up for the end of the ride.

On the flip side, of course the majority of comments and questions are all very positive and sweet. So, I try and remember not to let a few bad apples ruin the whole bunch. However, if I had a dollar for every time I heard the phrase, "Wow. Your hands are full!" I'd be rich!!!
Here we are all headed to the mall.
Now, I realize that triplets are a rare sight, and I know that comments and looks will happen. I do dress mine alike (and in public, it's actually easier to keep an eye on them this way) so that brings more attention. The majority of the time, I am okay with it, and try and answer most questions as gracefully as I can. However, many of the questions we get are often very personal and sometimes even hurtful. So, if I seem guarded or unfriendly in public, it's because I'm also just wanting to go about my business like everyone else, or I'm worried about what some stranger is going to say about my children or me.
LOVE Target carts for 3. C and C had their feet up for the end of the ride.

On the flip side, of course the majority of comments and questions are all very positive and sweet. So, I try and remember not to let a few bad apples ruin the whole bunch. However, if I had a dollar for every time I heard the phrase, "Wow. Your hands are full!" I'd be rich!!!


No comments:
Post a Comment