She started crying half-way through. I wouldn't let her get out of the chair, and she got mad.
So, the bribing begins. She was temporarily ok once I gave her the brush, and Daddy came in, too. (Don't let her fool ya...she started screaming right after this shot.)
She's about 20.5 lbs./28 inches. She still fits in her 9 month clothes, but I should probably stop jamming her into those (some sleeves are a bit short, and some pants are capris...hey...it's almost summer) and get some more 12 month stuff.
Every day I marvel in Madison's growth and development. I happily and over-joyously clap numerous times a day as she learns and perfects new motions, skills, and sounds. We're teaching her to wave, give high fives, and what "no" means. (It's hard telling her 'no' when she's doing something she shouldn't...she's so darn cute and she just stops what she's doing and smiles at you....usually. Sometimes she's start waving her arms and crying...an early sign of mini-tantrums....) She loves when people clap and when I sing 'patty cake' and clap with her, so we're trying to teach her to clap on her own, too.
She is cruising along furniture, walking behind her stand-up-walker toy, and even stands for a few seconds unassisted! It's amazing to watch that. She gets really excited once she realizes what she's doing, then falls on her little tushie and laughs. I'm trying to get her on video, but once she sees the camera, she stops what she's doing and crawls to me...so, we'll see...
She loves feeding herself. In fact, she'll eat bananas and (cooked) carrots as finger foods, but not if I mash them. I'm working on getting more finger foods into her diet...(besides puffs and crunchies)...I think I'm going to try pasta and cheese next week.
She loves her Daddy. (Except at bedtime...then she only wants Mommy.) When she hears the front door open and his keys drop on the table, she immediately stops what she's doing and crawls to the stairs to see him.
She hates having her diaper changed. Ugh. I hate her whiny attitude when I have to change her. She'd just rather be playing I think.
She enjoys going into this 'forbidden' area of our place...especially once she discovered the doggies' water bowl! She's trying to look innocent here.
She talks and jabbers a lot more...nothing recognizable or understandable...yet.
She's been sleeping WONDERFULLY this past month...no more middle of the night feedings. Yay! If she does wake, she usually puts herself back to sleep fairly quickly and without major crying. Still 2 naps a day.
She still nurses 4 times a day, and has 3 meals a day, too...I think the kid could eat all day if I let her. She has her 9 month appointment later this month, and I'm going to talk to the doctor about the weaning process...I've read a lot on-line, but just want her opinion, too. I'm very thankful breastfeeding worked out for M and I...especially with this economy...I'm lovin' that M's main source of nutrition is FREE!
Still only 2 teeth on the bottom. And no real signs of any new ones.
She always seems to be carrying something with her when she's crawling around or pulling up. She's got her Sophie with her here.
She can now go up stairs...but hasn't learned to go down...safely. So, we need to work on that.
Oh, and she makes this cute/funny face and scrunches her nose. She does it best at her Daddy's request. I'll have to get a picture of that.
Oh, and I *think* I finally chose the theme for Madison's 1st Birthday! I'm so excited. And NO, I'm not telling...yet... :) Haha. Yes, I know that's mean. :)
Happy 9 months to our baby girl!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment