5.02.2011

The Mother's Day/Birthday Rule

I decided (the ridiculousness of) a recent conversation Josh and I had was blog-worthy.

My birthday is near Mother's Day. Depending on the year, Mother's Day is sometimes closer to my birthday than other years. Naturally, I had to inform Josh of when (and if) he could combine celebrating my birthday with this holiday.

So, here's my Mother's Day/Birthday Rule:

- - If my birthday and Mother's Day fall within the same weekend and or within a day or two of each other than combining is acceptable (this is what most often happens, lucky guy).

- - If my birthday is closer to a separate weekend than Mother's Day and 3 or more days later (like this year) than combining is NOT acceptable.

Easy-peasy, right?!

Future Mother's Day Dates
2011, May 8th - Do NOT combine
2012, May 13th - Can combine
2013, May 12th - Can combine
2014, May 11 - Can combine
2015, May 10 - Can combine
2016, May 8 - Do NOT combine

*Oh, and I reserve the right to change this rule at any time (especially if I want 2 presents on a given year where combining is acceptable). :)

Ok, in all seriousness, most of you know I don't even really care about my birthday...

I can't believe I was given the opportunity to be a Mother to Miss Madison. I love this little girl with all my heart and words cannot express how I feel about being her Mommy.
(Of course I manage to get a decent picture of her only when the background is all messy....)

No comments:

Post a Comment