Seriously. It kinda irks me. But, I LOVE it. :)
Example 1:
A couple nights ago, I told him he had to dress M in her pjs for bed. For the past couple weeks, when I go to change her diaper or dress her, she is the BIGGEST wiggle worm EVER. She waits right until I'm going to do a snap and then kicks so it usually takes me FOREVER and I end up attempting to hold her down with my forearm. I've gotten really fast at snapping her up in those pjs.
So, he agrees, and I leave the room. I wait for him to call for help, and when I don't hear a peep, I sneak a peek in the door. I'm expecting to see him struggling and getting frustrated. What do I see? M is just gazing up at him, smiling, and laying perfectly still as his fumbly man fingers take what seems like 5 minutes to get her all snapped up. Seriously. Not one movement. Just smiles for Daddy. WHAT?
I couldn't believe it. I asked him how he managed that. He told me I just told her, "Madison, Daddy has to get you in your pjs, so, just lay still, please."
I tried that the next night...it didn't work for me.
Example 2:
She woke up a few nights ago. Screaming. I mean screaming. I thought something was wrong. Josh said, she's fine. I'll go check on her. He does. She screams louder when he leaves...and 2 minutes later, looks around her crib, lays down, and goes back to sleep. 2 minutes. 2.
This is the case whenever she happens to wake in the middle of the night. It doesn't happen often, so when she did a few nights ago, it reminded me to post about it.
He says, "She knows Daddy means business. When I go in there, I lay her down, and tell her, Madison, it's time for night night."
This I know is true. She knows I'm more likely to give in.
Games with Dad. Of course it's a shooting game.
Yesterday, he says, "Tell your friends if they need help to call me since I'm the 'Baby Whisperer.' I gave him the biggest eye-roll ever.

No comments:
Post a Comment