This weekend has been rainy and cloudy...but we ventured out anyways. M had a blast!! (And a meltdown when I had to drag her back inside once she was soaking wet.)
This will probably still be a semi-LONG-mish-mash-with typos-unorganized post. So, bare with me. At least I have this stuff on record for myself I guess! Haha!
We'll start with a few pictures from today!
Note to self - next time dress her in black pants for puddle jumping.
Poor girl looks like she peed in her pants! LOL!
Ok. Where we're seeing the most change and growth with our Madison is her speech and language development. Not a day goes by where she doesn't say a new word/words. She is also stringing words together and saying fully formed sentences. Josh and I both feel like we are basically having conversations with her. She still isn't super clear with all her words. But, she's trying! There's too many new words/phrases to list them all, but I will share some of our favorites.
"I don't know, Daddy!"
Ga-ma (for Grandma)
Love, too, Mommy. (She responds when we tell her we love her!)
Cuddle, Mommy, please.
Mommy, sit, me, please. (Mommy, sit by me, please.)
Pun-kees (pumpkins)
Piggy come too? (Her usual question if I tell her we have to get in the car to go somewhere.)
Mine help?! (Can I help? - She always wants to help with anything we're doing.)
Tandy (for candy)
Yesh, please!
Where dat Daddy (Inky, Benny, etc.) go?
Nummy in tummy.
She's learning emotions and talks about being happy and sad when we read books. She knows smiles are for happy and frowns and tears/crying are for sad.
She's also really into possession. We talk daily about what is Mommy's and what is Madison's and what is Daddy's, etc.

She's almost got her name down. Sometimes she'll get all three syllables, but usually she'll call herself, Madis.
She's working on her colors. She's right about 95% of the time when I ask her to find something that is a certain color...when I ask her what color something is...she's right probably about 80% of the time.
That's What She Said:
Going through the drive-through at McDonald's
Me: M...do you want a smoothie?
M: Oh yesh, please. Mommy have?
Me: I don't know...what should Mommy have.
M: Wawa (water).
Me: Ok.
M: Daddy have?
Me: I don't know...what should Daddy have.
M: (Thinking for a bit.) POP!
She knows her Daddy!
Her Favorite Activities:
'Helping' Daddy out in the shop
Painting and Coloring
Walking the dogs
Going to a park
Playing 'Ant Smasher' (game on my phone)
Reading books
Stickers
Playing 'Stroller Strides' with her dollies
Eating a sucker. Seriously...she loves suckers.
Hide and Seek (Her own version - I never know who is hiding and who is seeking...but she loves it!)
Mine help?! (Can I help? - She always wants to help with anything we're doing.)
Tandy (for candy)
Yesh, please!
Where dat Daddy (Inky, Benny, etc.) go?
Nummy in tummy.
She's learning emotions and talks about being happy and sad when we read books. She knows smiles are for happy and frowns and tears/crying are for sad.
She's also really into possession. We talk daily about what is Mommy's and what is Madison's and what is Daddy's, etc.
She's almost got her name down. Sometimes she'll get all three syllables, but usually she'll call herself, Madis.
She's working on her colors. She's right about 95% of the time when I ask her to find something that is a certain color...when I ask her what color something is...she's right probably about 80% of the time.
That's What She Said:
Going through the drive-through at McDonald's
Me: M...do you want a smoothie?
M: Oh yesh, please. Mommy have?
Me: I don't know...what should Mommy have.
M: Wawa (water).
Me: Ok.
M: Daddy have?
Me: I don't know...what should Daddy have.
M: (Thinking for a bit.) POP!
She knows her Daddy!
Her Favorite Activities:
'Helping' Daddy out in the shop
Painting and Coloring
Walking the dogs
Going to a park
Playing 'Ant Smasher' (game on my phone)
Reading books
Stickers
Playing 'Stroller Strides' with her dollies
Eating a sucker. Seriously...she loves suckers.
Hide and Seek (Her own version - I never know who is hiding and who is seeking...but she loves it!)
Anything with animals!

She's enrolled in Music Class again this fall. Grandma Tracy has been taking it with her. She's doing great. There has been some tears when I leave...but I know it's what's best for her. She's always happy and participating when I return to pick her up.
We are still doing Stroller Strides together, too.
She also started her first Dance Class. There will be a post on that later.
She's perfected her fake crying/whining face when she doesn't get her way. It's actually kinda funny. I need to get her picture one of these days. She is a normal 2 year old and has tantrums...if she's mad she usually runs in her room and hides from me. I usually just let her have her alone time. Overall, her tantrums aren't horrible (*knock on wood*).
She's enrolled in Music Class again this fall. Grandma Tracy has been taking it with her. She's doing great. There has been some tears when I leave...but I know it's what's best for her. She's always happy and participating when I return to pick her up.
We are still doing Stroller Strides together, too.
She also started her first Dance Class. There will be a post on that later.
She's perfected her fake crying/whining face when she doesn't get her way. It's actually kinda funny. I need to get her picture one of these days. She is a normal 2 year old and has tantrums...if she's mad she usually runs in her room and hides from me. I usually just let her have her alone time. Overall, her tantrums aren't horrible (*knock on wood*).
She's still napping once a day in the afternoon...usually from 1ish-4ish. She's still sleeping great at night from 8:30 until 7ish the next day. She's still in her crib...and we're keeping her there as long as we can!
Potty Training Update:
She's going pretty regularly in her little potty every night during our bedtime routine...but we haven't pushed it much more than that. I do kinda feel like she's ready. But, I don't know if I am ready?! We hope to have her partially trained by the end of the year. For now, my plan is to start letting her have more nakey (pantless) time at our house just when we're home doing nothing. If she has to go...I'm confident she knows to find her potty for that. I plan on just using diapers for naps or long periods of time when we're away from home for a while. I don't think I'm gonna mess with pull-ups and introducing another new thing to her. It's either gonna be diaper or undies. Hopefully I'll have more to update in the coming months...part of me just wants to get through the holidays too...and then worry about at the beginning of next year...so, we'll see!!!
M's Diet:
Don't get me started. She is the pickiest eater. EVER. She refuses to try new foods. Bribing doesn't work. I'm so annoyed by her eating habits (and know I'm partially to blame probably) that I don't even want to blog about it! Haha! I haven't tried basically starving her to get her to try new things (and yes, I'm being dramatic by using the word 'starving' but I assume you know what I mean).
As of today, her diet consists of fresh fruit and fruit cups, yogurt (regular and greek), skim milk, crescent rolls, mashed sweet potatoes, Gerber crunchies and fruit strips, bread sticks from Casey's, french fries from anywhere, fruit and veggie pouches (only way I can get veggies in her!), crackers, certain kinds of cereal, Nutri-grain bars, raisins, and junk food (of course...she loves chips, baked goods, muffins, and ice cream). She won't eat meat or bread. Blah.
Let's not end this post on a downer! My favorite picture from earlier. M and I playing 'Hide and Seek.' She's counting.
Oh Madison...our sweet baby girl, Mommy and Daddy love you more than words can express! We love you even when you're mad at us, pouting, and slamming your door, too! :)
No comments:
Post a Comment