K. Here's the story.
M is OBSESSED with suckers. Obsessed. They are my current go-to for bribing, I mean...rewarding good behavior. I bought bag a while ago and of course hid them in a cupboard.
On Tuesday I goofed and let M see where her precious suckers came from. DOH!! She literally screamed from excitement when she saw the bag...
Original home for dum-dums:
On Wednesday she asked for one and pointed to the cupboard (at 8:30 in the morning), and I told her no. She proceeded to scream and point to the cupboard for about 3 minutes. Then, she gave up, and ran to her room to pout. I quickly relocated the dum-dums.
New home for dum-dums. Don't worry...I squished the bag down after this picture. (And, I also re-discovered two sippy cups that I had forgot about.)
Then, I went to her room and told her that I wanted to show her something in the cupboard. She willingly came with me because she thought she was getting a sucker. (Am I mean Mom or what?!) I picked her up, opened the cupboard...and then sadly said, "Oh no! The suckers are gone now!! No more suckers for today." She teared up. I started feeling really bad...uh, sorta. Then, I told her, "You know...Winky was really hungry and he ate all the suckers. (She's actually used to the dogs eating/stealing her food sometimes.) It's ok though...we'll get some more another time, just not today, ok?!"
She processed what I told her. Sighed and dried her eyes. Then, I put her down, and she was off playing...satisfied with my lie.
I'm now debating if I should feel bad about this...or be proud of myself?!


No comments:
Post a Comment