Yesterday Madison found her FIRST fuzzy caterpillar!
We had just got home, and I had let M out to play while I unloaded the van. I suddenly heard her shrieking, "Oooh! Mama! Mama! Oooh!" I turned my head and immediately saw this black fuzzy thing crawling on the ground with M hovering over it and pointing to it. There were a few more shrieks (I think she was excited and also kinda scared.) as I went to yell for Josh (since I knew he'd want to see her with it).
Trying to give it a leaf.
She got pretty brave and wanted to touch it of course.
Poor thing got defensive and curled into a ball. That didn't stop her. She carried it around like that for a while. I didn't get any pictures because we were both trying to make sure she didn't drop it and/or step on it!
Josh convinced me that she should be able to keep it. So...into the cool whip container it went.
Look at her face! This is right after Josh told her we were going to go and get some grass for it.
She chose this leaf for her caterpillar, too.
She LOVED holding it while it was on it's stick.
It is now sitting on our kitchen table. M checked on her new caterpillar friend after her nap, before bed, and right away this morning. What do these things eat anyways?
She commands the poor thing to "Mooove." And has to resist the urge to push it with the stick. But, she is pretty good at gently petting it, too.
Moments like this are so...just...AWESOME. I love re-living moments that I remember as a child with my daughter. Seeing the wonder and excitement in her eyes and hearing it in her voice is such a gentle reminder of all the important things in life. It also helps me to slow down and live in the moment. (You all know how uptight I am...I need these reminders, and am so glad my daughter can help balance me!)
Being a mother is by far the most rewarding, challenging, and indescribable role I've ever taken on. And, I'm so thankful to be experiencing parenting with my most perfect partner in life (Josh of course, haha!).
:)







No comments:
Post a Comment