Just wanted to recap this last weekend. We celebrated a lot since my birthday was on Mother's Day. I wish I would have taken even more pictures...but oh well.
Josh got me a new laptop...this is my first post from my new laptop. It's going to take a while to get used to...it has Windows 8 and is touch screen! I feel old trying to navigate and figure it out. LOL.
Anyways, on Saturday after Josh did a bit of work, we decided to go to the zoo. BUT...the zoo was PACKED...no parking spots were open. :( So...we skipped it. We drove by Madison's preschool that she'll attend this fall and she played on the playground for a bit.
We headed to Teske's and the highlight of her (and Josh's) day was holding the baby bunnies! SO cute!
Of course Josh wanted to take it home...but I said NO. I have to admit watching her hold and cuddle the bunny was pretty precious.
We decided on a whim to start a garden. So...we bought some watermelon, pumpkin, and strawberry plants. Wish ME luck! A post on our garden will happen sometime soon...
After that we headed to VandeVeer to feed the ducks. Here they are goofing around!
Later they made me cupcakes! Madison was great at supervising her Daddy.
M was in charge of the sprinkles. Her favorite. We took them to my family dinner that night.
We enjoyed a cupcake together before our family birthday dinner. We match! She requested I wear my zebra shirt (when she thought we were going to the zoo).
I was too busy visiting to take pictures at dinner. Whoops!
On Sunday, Mother's Day, we met Tracy, Louie, Bev, and my Dad for lunch. Here's M with the caterpillar and coffee mug she painted for her G'ma and Great G'ma.
Then...it was off to the lake for kayaking! It was a bit chilly. BUT...the highlight of the trip was the baby turtle that Great G'ma Bevy found for M. SHE LOVED IT!
I was a little grossed out...but she loved holding it.
What a cute baby turtle!
Bev asked her what she wanted to name him. M said, "Ummmm. Ummmmm. Turtle." Haha!
I love her face in this picture. I think it was coming out of his shell or wiggling his feet or something.
So, Turtle rode on the kayak back to the shore to show Grandpa Dave and Great Grandpa Louie.
Then...it was time for some fishing! Of COURSE she caught a fish. She always does!
So proud! Don't worry...we threw him back in!
We let Turtle go, too. Bye, bye!
My girl and me. LOVE HER!
It was a wonderful Mother's Day and Birthday weekend. I can't believe I'm 31...but I'm excited to see what this next year of life has in store for me!
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment