Better late than never. Right?!
I have to start with her Pre-School picture.
How adorable is this?!
At her 3-Year check up she was about 40 lbs. and 40 inches. She's currently wearing 4T-5T clothes and I've even bought her some in size 'small' in the 'big girls' clothes section. *sigh*
She is STILL a vegetarian. Beyond starving her and then only offering meat. I haven't figured out how to get her to try any meat. She is hesitant to really try any new foods. So for now...her diet consists of fresh fruit and fruit cups, yogurt (Greek and regular), crackers (gold fish and Ritz), french fries, 'junk food' - ice cream, chips, cookies, mashed sweet potatoes, ketchup, crescent rolls, cereal, and Casey's bread sticks. She loves milk. I give her juice occasionally. This has definitely been one area of parenting that I slacked on the most and have learned from for sure. The triplets will NOT be this picky (I don't think they will have a choice. lol!)
Speaking of ketchup...
She said, "I'm the Ketchup Queen because I LOOOOOVE Ketchup!"
Silly girl.
She is doing GREAT with potty training. I think she's ready to drop her diaper at nap...I just haven't done it. But I should probably start before the triplets arrive.
She still naps 5 or 6 days of the week for a couple hours in the afternoon (and I am SO grateful for that). She can handle skipping it once a week or so...but more than that and she becomes a terror. Her bed time is still between 8-9pm. And she wakes around 7/7:30am.
She is still doing great in her 'big girl bunk bed.' Once she wakes, she still stays in her bed until I come to get her. I love her for that. She's really only left her room once on her own since we switched her to her bunk bed. Isn't that crazy! I can't even believe that!
Madison Loves:
Piggy and Bunny
She loves watching Mountain Man with her Daddy
Candy
Playing Outside
Animals
Watching her 'shows' on TV
(new favorites are LaLaLoopsy, Sophia the First, and Bubble Guppies - she still loves Curious George, Dora and Diego, Caillou, and Mickey Mouse)
Using glue for crafts
Music
Books
Parties
Time with her Nabi or Kindle
Madison Doesn't Love:
Bath time
Having her hair brushed
Trying new foods
Hugging - she's stingy with hugs
Good-Byes (she usually sad all the fun is ending)
Madison is our little 'social butterfly.' It always perplexes Josh and I since neither he or I consider ourselves to be overly extroverted...but she LOVES being with people. She is constantly asking me what we're doing for the day, who we are seeing, where we are going, or who is coming to our house.
Example 1: Recently we went to Cedar Falls and spent the day with a bunch of our college friends (no other kids really) and M had a blast at the tailgating party and dinner out later that day. The next morning she asked if we were going to 'party' again and that she already missed her new friends! Meanwhile...Josh and I were ready to go home and be with ourselves of course. LOL. Josh mentioned that once she goes to college we better be prepared for her to be a 'partier.' Eeee!
Example 2: Last Thursday when she woke up from nap she asked me who would be coming to her house tonight to play. I told her no one tonight. She then cried for 45 minutes. When she finally settled down, she said, "I cried because I was so sad that no one was come to see me!"
She can put on her underwear, pants, socks, and shoes on her own. We are working on her shirts. She is also working on getting her coat on herself - that second arm in the sleeve is always a challenge.
Madison loves music. She enjoys singing and dancing, and I find her humming and singing songs a lot while she plays.
She also loves 'reading.' She has lots of her books memorized. Or she will 'read' and make up stories as she looks at the pictures.
Madison is very independent. She is all about doing things 'by herself.' She loves helping me around the house. And, she never turns down Josh if he asks her to help him out in the shop. Her independence also leads her to some questionable behavior that is usually followed by a time-out. lol.

Our Madison is a confident, smart, (semi) sweet (lol) little girl that truly makes every day a joy for us. :)


No comments:
Post a Comment