Here I am at the start of 23 weeks!!!
I think this might be the last of my outside pictures. It was chilly out there today!
The size of my baby belly still shocks me when I catch my reflection at home or when we're out. I'm sure it's quite startling to others sometimes, too! I always think it kinda looks fake because it's so round and big!
Overall, I am feeling pretty good - all things considered. Last Tuesday I met with another one of the doctors from the High Risk OB Team at the UofI and continue to feel SO much more comfortable and confident with my care and for the babies' care from here on out.
I am of course feeling uncomfortable at times. And...I'm definitely feeling my energy levels dropping...but that's expected. I think I'm moving slower in general with everything I do! My lower back will ache a bit if I'm standing or sitting for too long.
I'm still sleeping pretty comfortably. I'm usually just up once to use the bathroom.
No real food cravings...except for things I can't have (like a deli turkey sub from Jimmy John's). I am still guilty of sneaking in a fountain Coke once or twice a week.
My doctors do not recommend any type of bed rest at this point. They tell me to do what I feel I can do and to rest when I need to rest. Ok. I'll take that for now. :)
The babies continue to stay stable. So, that makes me happy and is all I can hope for. This coming Thursday we go for a the echo-ultrasound to check the twins' hearts. The concern right now is with Baby B (the one with the extra fluid) because of the extra fluid, his little heart may be working a little too hard. So...we shall see. I will also have a regular ultrasound to check fluids. I'm not sure if they will check the growth of the babies next Thursday or not. If not Thursday, then the next one for sure I was told. I'll be sure to post once I get updates of the babies sizes. I'm curious to know how much they've been growing since week 20!
I do feel movement every day. Just this last week I noticed that sometimes certain movements can be seen from the outside, too. So weird!
I finally got around to registering this weekend (and today). I registered at Babies R Us and Target. It was SO different registering for this pregnancy than for M. All I can think about is diapers! LOL. It's also a different, but FUN, experience shopping for boys stuff. It's weird because my eyes always want to wander to the girls stuff first.
Anyways...here's a fun picture of my baby bump with M compared to me now!
I can't BELIEVE I'm the same size NOW as I was with M at 31 weeks!
That kinda scares me. LOL!
(I find it funny my hair is the same length and I'm wearing purple in both pictures.)
Until next time!


You look beautiful! So excited for you. I hope that you enlist some help for the first few months to get adjusted to taking care of three little wonderful gifts. You both are amazing parents!
ReplyDeleteThank you, Lisa! You're too sweet!
DeleteGo, Megan, go!!!! Love these updates, and I can't wait to see the end result! :)
ReplyDeleteThanks for the comment, Kira! :)
Delete