3.07.2011

Josh

Happy 29th Birthday to My Husband, and Best Friend, Josh!
(Be sure to read the fun fact at the end of this post!)

I have to admit...I'm not great with birthdays...well, more specifically, I'm not great at gift giving. :( It's my weakness. I always wait until the last minute, and I can never think of anything actually thoughtful. I just want to give cash or gift certificates. Plus, I think gifts should be practical. Josh about killed me the year I asked for a pair of running shoes for my birthday. :)

Anyways, in true fashion, I finally got around to ordering Josh a video game (that he specifically asked for), and of course I'm lazy (and I live in the country) so I ordered it on-line...not realizing the delivery date estimate was March 8-11. He told me this since the Amazon account is under his name, so he got the email about it. Oops. I'm crossing my fingers is comes today. Josh asked why I didn't just go into Davenport and buy it so I'd have it for his birthday. Oops, again. I'm lazy. :) (I love you, husband...I really do!)

So, the crepes were made in attempt to make amends with the husband. :) You can find the recipe I used here. I made the crepes (pretty easy really) and the cream cheese filling. I even whipped the cream, and got to use my zester for fresh lemon zest! Oh, and I got to use my sifter. What?! Exciting, I know.

The crepe making station.

Talk about dessert for breakfast! :)

I thought the recipe was really easy...although, making anything in the kitchen and trying to keep a 6 month old entertained is...ummm...nearly impossible. (Josh was sleeping in.) Believe it or not, I poured the crepe mixture into the skillet, swirled it, and flipped it...all one handed while holding the little Monster and keeping her quick ninja hands away. :)


**In summary, the true meaning of this post, is to celebrate my husband, and to illustrate just one reason why he is SO amazing. He never really complains, puts up with my whining, let's me talk about why I love his birthday (because it means my birthday is only 2 months away...selfish, I know), AND continues to make me laugh and lighten up. Living our life together and watching him as Madison's father has only made me love him more. We are exact opposites in many ways, and yet, he ALWAYS brings out the best in me. He truly understands me and loves me for me.**


Oh, and, I can't believe we've been together for 13 years!
Fun fact...13 years ago, for his 16th birthday I got him a South Park t-shirt...I think Cartman was on it with cheesy poofs or something. (Cut me some slack...I had only known the boy for about a month!) :) Classy, no?!

1 comment:

  1. The perfect fusion between a family blog post and a cooking blog post!

    ReplyDelete