3.05.2011

Yuck!

It's been exciting in the Smyser household letting Madison taste new foods these past few weeks. She's now eating banana oatmeal in the morning, 2 veggie cubes and a fruit cube for lunch, and cereal for dinner..

Earlier this week, we tried pears. Here she is after her first bite...not too fond of them. But, I've read that you have to let them try it up to 10 times before you can decide if they truly have a dislike for it. Some of the surprise may just be because it's a new taste. She's had it a few more times, with the same reaction really...so, we'll see...She usually makes a face, then spits it out. I hope she ends up liking them...I have 3 trays of cubes freezed!

Ummm....pretty sure this is the funniest picture of her ever!
Maybe she really doesn't like pears...I think this was day 3...


Grandpa fed her some apple cereal the other night. She loves it!


This morning we tried fresh mashed banana. Looks like we'll have to keep trying with this one for a few days as well...I love seeing her reaction!

I tried putting a couple small pieces on her tray...she just played of course...


So, it appears she's a veggie girl for now. Which is funny since Josh and I hate most veggies. She still loves her carrots and sweet potato. I have some peas and avocado for her to try next week! I think I will be adding a veggie cube with her dinner next week, too. She always seems pretty hungry...it's so hard to determine how much to feed her since she is still nursing, too..however, I'd like for her to drop her middle of the night feeding in the next month or so, so I need to increase her calories during the day...


Still no crawling. BUT, she has managed to push herself from her belly up into a sitting position this week! She was so surprised the first time she did it. She looked at me, then smiled really big! It was SO cute! It took me a minute to realize what she just did! She doesn't do it regularly yet, and still has to try for quite a while before she gets it...but she's done it several times this week.

She also likes getting on all fours like this. Then, she's stuck, and isn't sure what to do next.

She still gets on her hands and knees all the time. Lots of rocking, lots of pushing herself backwards. Lots of turning side to side, just no forward motion yet. I'm getting a baby gate today though!

I am always amazed at how much she is learning and how fast she is growing and changing every day. I'm such a proud Mama!

No comments:

Post a Comment