NO MORE PEAS, PLEASE!!!
So....I probably shouldn't have forced her to have that third bite.
I probably should have taken her non-verbal cues more seriously since she made a yucky face before I even gave her that third bite...and I probably shouldn't have scooped it back up when she spit it out on her bib.
Bad Mama. :(
I feel really terrible because she was so happy until I forced peas down her throat....Plus, I feel bad that I was laughing through this whole ordeal for her...well, I stopped laughing when she started spitting up. And yes, there was more spitting up after I stopped filming. Poor baby. :( She had a bath after lunch, that's how messy it got.
I showed Josh this video, and while he laughed through the video at her faces of disgust, he then very seriously said to me, "Don't ever give her peas again. That was mean."
I think the puree was too thick for her. So, I have a tray full of frozen pea puree...I think I'll wait a couple weeks, then, try again (thinning the puree)...maybe...don't tell Josh!
We tried avocado yesterday. Also a no-go. She almost gagged. So, I stopped after two bites. I now have a tray of frozen mashed avocado...
So, her diet consists of breast milk, sweet potato, carrots, pears, and baby oatmeal and rice. Oh, and I've given her a few of the Gerber Puffs. They still make me nervous...I'm so afraid she will choke! I break them in half. She actually picked up a piece of puff from her tray the other day and ate it all by herself! I've been putting a few pieces of her tray after her dinner so she can play/practice.
Up next we're trying apples and butternut squash. Hopefully she'll like at least one of those.
(Yes, I'm blogging more frequently...but she is just changing and learning so much every day! I'm just trying to keep up with documenting/sharing! I already have another video that I'll be posting soon!)
No comments:
Post a Comment