Today was the first day M and I really baked together...just her and me in the kitchen. (Sorry for the so-so pictures since we were by ourselves and I only had my cell phone.)
Adding the 'secret ingredient,' Jell-O instant pudding mix, to keep the cookies soft and chewy!
Mmmm-Mmmm! Chocolate Chips!
Waiting for them to bake.
After lunch, little M enjoyed her cookie for dessert!
I miss my mom everyday. When she died, I was just 15. Now, going on 30 and being a mother myself, I think about who my mother was with such a different perspective. I also think about Madison and how I will keep my mother 'alive' in our hearts together. I hope I will be able to balance my sadness regarding her leaving this Earth with the happiness of having her as my mother. I'm a private person and more comfortable keeping my thoughts of her to myself (I almost didn't publish this last paragraph of this post)...but I know I must change...at least around Madison, so that M will 'know' her Grandma Jan, too.
Oh, and it's not really a 'secret recipe' or anything...it's from a Jell-O box. But, if you want it...just let me know! :)




Memories your little darling will hold as dear to heart as you do Megan. Thanks so much for sharing.
ReplyDeleteMade me tear Meg! Such a great day u two had together... But really I think there were 3 of u baking that day ;)
ReplyDeleteAww, looking you being sappy. I like it!! I'm proud of you for being a feeling sharer. :)
ReplyDelete