This past month of her life has flown (as they all have)...but really...she's growing and learning so much it is just amazing!
We are still busy, busy, busy...but I am LOVING being able to work from home and have a flexible schedule in order to spend so much time with my little girl. We are still in music class on Mondays, and (we) I work out with Stroller Strides on Wednesdays, Fridays, and some Saturdays. Music is over after May, so we'll replace music with another session of Stroller Strides ('cause I need to get serious since I still want to lose like 5-8 lbs.).
(Once of these days I'll have to take my good camera to music and SS so I can do a full post on these aspects of our life.)
We are also having more play dates and spending as much time as we can outside and at parks. She absolutely loves being outside.
I am really enjoying getting out with M, spending time with other Moms, and allowing M opportunities to socialize with other kids. We've made so many new friends these past couple months! :)
So enough chit-chat about me (oops)...onto the pics and random updates...get your popcorn, this is kind of a looooooong one.
Bubbles - She says "buh-boo." It's adorable. But, it's like a 4-letter word at our house...I never say it unless I'm ready to give in and show her the bubbles...and I have to be ready for the tantrum when we're done with the "buh-boos."
She's working on her independence and is always wanting to do things all by herself.
She is the sweetest little girl, and will randomly give me hugs through out our days together. There's nothing better then her running to me and hugging my legs.
She's still a great sleeper at night and naps once a day...usually around 1pm for a couple hours.
Still a picky-picky eater...I guess she's kinda still a vegetarian for now. Her favorite foods are probably french fries and fruit.
She loves music, dancing, and playing the ocean drum I just got her.
Her favorite songs are:
Old MacDonald
5 Little Ducks
Itsy Bitsy
ABC's
Little Turtle
Hickory Dickory Dock
I am still trying to monitor her TV time...but she loves watching:
Mickey Mouse Clubhouse
Caillou
Barney and Friends
She shows us when she get's excited by balling her hands into fists and shaking...also does this same motion if we ask her if she is strong and can show us her muscles. It is the most adorable thing ever...but I can't for the life of me get her to do it while I video tape her. I will keep trying though!!!
Tantrums - Oh yes. They're so fun. NOT. But they are part of being a toddler so we'll get through it. It's hard to balance my sanity with also wanting to teach her she can't always get what she wants.
No new teeth...still waiting on 8 more. :(
MINE - She says this all.the.time. Mostly when she wants something, or when she doesn't want anyone (or any dog) using, playing with, eating, or looking at whatever it is that she has claimed. I hear it a lot. All day. Everyday. And I spend a lot of my day explaining what is actually hers and what is actually Mommy's, or Daddy's, or Everyone's, or whatever....basically, that it's not hers. *sigh*
"Dat?" She is also pointing at anything and everything saying, "Mom. Dat?" (for 'what's that?'). So if I'm not explaining what is and isn't hers, I'm spending the rest of our day naming everything she has an interest in. This one's not so bad...except for when we're in public...like at Target and she points to tampons. *sigh*
Another new word for her is, "Apple." But she also says "Apple," for 'Help, please." So...yeah. Oh, and she can now say, "Uncle."
M also knows the words "up" and "down" and uses them correctly. She's still pretty good with saying please and thank you, although it sounds like 'Cheese,' and 'Tanks.'
Her rain coat and boots are from Target. And believe it or not...I even let her play in the puddles in our big driveway...a post on that with some more pics will be up sometime tomorrow!
We love our lil' M more than anything, and can't wait to see where this next month takes us!
No comments:
Post a Comment