Ok. Let the rambling begin....
She is doing well with being potty trained during all her waking hours. I'm so proud of her. But, as of now, I am not rushing to get her trained during naps or night yet.
She is STILL a vegetarian. And a very picky eater. For example, she will ONLY eat bread sticks from Casey's.
She knows her colors. She can 'read' some books by memory. (I hope to finally teach her her letters this summer.) She's pretty good with her shapes. And, thanks to Dora, she can count in Spanish! :) She really enjoys identifying things that match. She can correctly identify sets of 1, 2, or 3 items.
She loves:
-Watching her shows and movies
-Going to parks and climbing! She LOVES the park.
-Singing
-Making stuff (what she calls baking cookies and cupcakes)
-Coloring - can draw lines and a circular shapes, can also attempt to color inside the lines
-Reading and looking at books
-Playing outside
-Birthdays (parties) - she regularly asks me if we are going to a party and wants to know when my birthday is and her birthday.
-Her Piggy and Bunny
-Helping Mommy rinse the dishes
-Ice Cream (in a cone)
-Birds (she can correctly identify robins)
-Quarters (to ride the choo choo at the mall)
-French fries with ketchup
-Dinosaurs and dragons
She's Not So Fond Of:
-Water on her face-being splashed-having her hair rinsed
-Trying new foods
-She claims she doesn't like spiders (Thanks for that, Caillou!)
-Having her hair brushed
She usually finds herself in 'Time Out' at least once a day.
(I love her red shoes!)
Other fun phrases you'll hear from M (I forgot to post yesterday):
"Hmmmm....something's missing. (She'll declare this as she's coloring before deciding her picture needs more coloring.)
"Hey...that doesn't belong!!!" (I hear this a lot at stores when the wrong item is on the shelf with other items.)
"I wish...." I'm not sure where she learned this from...probably, Dora. The other day we were driving on River Dr. and I hear her say, "Mom, I wish I had to boat to go down that river." Or if she sees something on her show that she likes she'll tell me, "Mom, I wish I had some lemonade."
The negotiating at bedtime has begun as she will often ask for me just 2 more books (when I say not tonight) she'll drop to just 1 more book. :) She'll also ask for water, and to go hug Daddy one more time, etc..
She's still napping in the afternoons usually from 2:30pm-ish until 5-ish. Bedtime is between 8 and 9pm, and she wakes around 7:30am.
I've made the mistake of adding the long 'e' sound to words as I've spoken to her. So now she says a lot of nouns incorrectly because of me, for example, 'sheep-y,' 'snack-y,' 'giraffe-y,' and 'nappy.' Whoops.
This little lady has changed our lives in ways that we could have never imagined. Love her to pieces more than words can explain.
No comments:
Post a Comment