4.04.2013

Mama to the Rescue!

Tuesday morning I went to get Madison up for the day, and she presented me with her beloved, Giraffey. "Mama, fix Giraffey's eye. Look. Look. Poor Giraffey." (By the way, it's his nostril...but no matter how much I try and convince M of this she still insists it's his eye. Oh well.)


Ughhhh. I asked her if I could just cut the strings off - she gave me a horrified look and screamed, "NO!"

Ok. Time for this NON-SEWING Mama to figure this out. We went about our morning and afternoon (which included buying some needles), and I started working on it a little before her nap. However...I didn't get it finished. And she cried. A lot. She did nap...but when I went to get her once she awoke, she immediately shoved Giraffey in my face and demanded that I finish fixing him.

I finally finished.

Her reaction. "Mom. They don't match." (Really, M?! Really?! LOL)


So then I had to convince her that I did the best I could do. And that this is how Giraffey looks now. And that he is still the same Giraffey. I also told her that it was ok that they didn't match.



She finally accepted Giraffey with his new 'eye' and all.
(Whew!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment